We were made for dynamic, life-giving relationships with God, other people, and the world around us.
Jesus lived into these relationships within his own life. He was regularly found spending time alone with the Father, doing life in a community of people who knew him well, and bringing healing, restoration, justice, and good news to the people and crowds he encountered.
Here at Harbor Churches, we want to help you take steps to deepen each of these relationships in your own life. To do this, we create communities of belonging centered on Jesus where you can be formed and sent to be good news.
MC’s are ongoing communities of people who exist to be good news to one another and the people around us. MCs are small enough that we can genuinely care for each other but large enough that we can dare to make an impact in the lives of the people around us. MCs are designed to invite our neighbors, friends, co-workers, and classmates to experience good news through a community of belonging. MCs have a shared meal/experience together at least 1x per month, pray and give thanks together, and find creative ways to ‘help people find their way back to God.
- Young Adults – 2nd Mondays | 6:30-8pm – a community of young adults who are seeking to grow in Christ, build authentic friendships and serve others.
- Fosters & Adopts – 2nd and 4th Sundays | 5:30-7pm – a community to serve children and families walking the journey through foster care and adoption. It is our hope to stand in the tension between the brokenness and beauty of our kids’ stories and to build a community that abides in the love of Jesus through it all. This community is an opportunity for our kids to build relationships with others whose stories mirror their own, and for caretakers to give and receive encouragement and support as they navigate the unique privileges and challenges that come with foster and adoptive parenting.
- Gracious Parenting – 2nd Tuesdays | 6-7:30pm – a community in which parents (and kids) 1) do life together, 2) give and receive support, encouragement, and learnings around parenting together, and 3) be good news to the world around them together.
- SH Serves – Ongoing Opportunities – a group of people who gathers together to go be good news in the community.
- SH Runs – Every Saturday | 7am – a dynamic missional space in which people gather to run and spend time in community and invite their friends, neighbors, and colleagues who are on their way back to God to join them. This year we will be training together for the Grand Rapids Marathon Race on Sunday, October 16 to raise money for our local Hand2Hand.
- SH Golfs – Once a month on Fridays | 5:30-8:30pm – a monthly golf outing followed by dinner together in fellowship along with an annual service/mission opportunity to bless the community around us.
- Compass: Outdoor Adventures – Once a month on Sundays | 1-4pm – a community of people exploring outdoor activities including but not limited to hiking, kayaking, biking, etc. This community is open to all ages and all fitness levels, including those who don’t attend South Harbor.
Small Group Bible Study | Anchor Groups
Anchor Groups are small group style Bible studies consisting of 8-14 people who together will dive into the content from the sermon and explore more deeply their understanding of the scriptures and how to apply it to their lives. These groups will utilize our sermon-based curriculum to continue the conversation beyond Sunday. Anchor Groups will run for 6 – 9 weeks based on the sermon series.
Breaking Bread Groups
Breaking Bread is an opportunity for 3 individuals, couples, or families attending South Harbor to connect 3x over a meal or activity for 3 months. This is a great way to CONNECT with others, making South Harbor a rich and compelling community. Relationships are important and your participation helps make South Harbor home not only for you but for others! Join us!
Hi, I’m Abby Black and I would love to connect via phone or coffee to help you identify the next step in your faith journey. Please fill out the form below and I will be in touch soon!